Friday, May 11, 2007

And other thoughts on this Friday the 11th

So now that Lyle's taught me how to tie a tie, I'm now tempted to wear them all the time. Not Avril Lavigne style (*shudder*), but more of the retro ties with band t-shirt look... very tempted. We had to learn how to tie them for band, as our band teacher bought the entire junior high band "smashing" ties (her words, not mine). As I like to say, 100% polyester, 100% fun :P

But on to less creepy subjects... the weather in Edmonton is gorgeous. This fine weather meant it was our school's track and field day. Basically we were locked out of the school until we did three different events (I did 100 metre dash, 200 metre run and shotput). I didn't mind too much this year, as I just ended up hanging out with my friends, playing soccer and the like. When all that was over we just headed to the hill, which is also what we did yesterday. We spend a good two and a half hours there a day, having a blast. It's nice to spend time with others who are willing to talk about anything that comes to mind. After all that sun I'm completely worn out... with the starts of a nice tan (I usually wouldn't care, but I couldn't stand having to look at those chalk white legs of mine anymore... I could bring down aircraft with them they were so blindingly white).

And one other note... just talked to Tracey (one of my three lovely older sisters). We had an interesting (and very funny) converstaion about the pressure to be different in our family. Anyway, she's coming home from Alaska for a couple of weeks at the end of May. I'm very excited, as I haven't seen her in quite a while... For some reason thinking of both Tracey and summer reminds me of FIFA world cup, The Arcade Fire and lavender sunblock. Guess it just goes to show that last summer was an awesome one!

6 comments:

arsarca said...

hey and you saw gabi! you forgot to mention her!
have the 100m and 200m transformed you into a runner yet? c'mon keep up the family tradition! (jokey-jokey, don't worry!)

Becky said...

I talked about that on your blog! I went in depth in fact :P
I was okay at running, but I the pressure to be like dad at shotput was awful (did you know he was Comox champion or something at shotput? I suck).
I think I need to make the entire family "jokey-jokey" buttons like I did for Kim...

Note: Gabi visited me at track and field day, and was uber cute. Good times were had! Now I must poke Jay for telling me what to write (jokey-jokey :P)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Blinding white legs! Yup, those can be hazardous to others.

There's something about hanging out on a hill, isn't there, that is just so conducive to free flowing thoughts.

Becky said...

Very hazardous... I think I may have permanently impaired one poor grade seven's sight...
Hills are great. Cloud-watching, good circulation to your feet, what more can you ask for?

Shelly said...

Wow. Cool stuff. I haven't been hanging with you guys much lately. Sorry, I guess I'm just not as "intouch" as I would like.

hilary m. said...

We had a track meet a while ago, for whatever reason I pick the dumbest events...
600m (I'm not bad at this, but it's kinda tiring)
300m (I'm not very good at this either)
and shotput which I probably shouldn't have embarrassed myself with.
But I placed 2nd in 600 and 4th in 300 so I had to go to the even more tiring divisionals and get an even worse sunburn. Plus I had a group of bitchy, preppy girls from one school who knew me from a terrible basketball game laugh at me for no reason..

PETA2.com