Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Remember Ryan Smyth...

It's quite sad. All I've ever known for the Oilers is Ryan Smyth, he's played for them since I was two. He's my Smyth homeboy!
After hearing the news last night I made a button in his honour (please don't mind the poor picture quality)...
And I must admit, when he said that he wanted to win the Stanley cup and bring back to Edmonton, because "that's where his heart is", I got a bit teary eyed.
Funny how I get so worked up over hockey... but it really is a big part of our city. We don't have the greatest team, we'll admit it, but it's still a large part of the city's identity. We've had Gretzky and Messier, and now Smyth, get traded at their prime. All of them have expressed how much they love our city (not to mention Claire Martin :P). It just makes you thankful in a way that you can stay in your much-loved home. I might leave someday, but until then I'll just be happy that I can keep on living here, even if all the good hockey players can't.

1 comment:

GeeGee said...

Aww! Yes our team has had some hits with all the trading (wow k bad sentence!) We shall always remember not only Smyth but every other great player that has been on our team! hey you know the day Smyth was traded Adam cried...it's true Alex h. told me! he was pretty bummed out about it science. I don't blame him! 12 years...thats a pretty long time to be an Oiler!
Talk to you later!
<3 Gillie

PS: i love how u mentioned claire martin! thats awesome! woot!

PETA2.com