Monday, January 29, 2007

Indecision 2007

I find myself very confused about high schools today. My whole life I've planned to go to High School A, but recently I've been more and more leaning towards High School B.
High School A has a really good IB program, and that's where my sisters went. But I only know a few kids who are going there, and since I'm out of district I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in (you're techinically supposed to be able to go into their IB program even if you aren't in their district, but all the kids from the suburbs who don't have any other school are getting in first).
High School B has a comparable AP program, which might not be quite as good as IB, but still pretty well put together. I know I'd be able to get in, as I'm in the district. It's also close, and is the feeder school for my current school.
What made me realize was a conversation in French class, where Vi said she hated our current school and would be happy to not see any of the kids in it again. I was upset to find out that she disliked where we go and she explained that she was made to go there, and while she was happy to make Gill, Sheilagh and I as friends, she was sad to leave all her other good friends. I grew up with a group of kids, most of which go to our current school. We were all really close in elementary, but once we got to junior high we spilt up. But now I'm getting close to them again, and if I go to high school A It'll be hard to keep those friendships going.
It's all very confusing! I want to talk about it with my family and close friends before I make a decision. Anyway, it's helpful to be able to writer everything down here!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Don't worry I feel the same way. I know that I don't want to do to high school A, because as you said only a few people are going there and it's kind of far. If I go to high school B, it's actually harder to get to but so many people are going there. Then if I go to high school C(yes there is a high school C) I'll be the only one going but it's in my area and the only people who live near me are the french kids.

So don't worry your not the only one

Becky said...

This is all so stressful! With junior high I was stressed about changing schools, but at least I knew where I was going to go.
I guess I'll have to get used to decisions like these, it's a part of life :P

PETA2.com