Saturday, January 27, 2007

Other stuff

Listening to Bob Dylan... Knockin' On Heaven's Door. Turned out that ditz on The One didn't ruin it for me after all. (She sang it with a huge smile plastered on her face. I don't think she realized it was about someone knowing they were about to die.)

I want to update the student teacher situation. She's not nearly as bad as she was, I think she realized that just because we're teenagers doesn't mean we're idiots. Just thought I should let you know, it wouldn't be fair to her otherwise.

Finished Oryx And Crake this morning. It was well done, although I found the ending was quite odd... but I won't ruin that for anyone who hasn't read it. I like The Handmaid's Tale better simply to the fact that it's about an independent woman who was put in an awful situation, whereas Oryx And Crake was about a sheltered boy who was desensitized to violence at a young age through the internet. I find I can relate better to the woman... I found both very effective in making their point, though.

Anyway... I had a good week. I'm lucky we only have mid-terms in math at my school, it makes things a lot less stressful. Some of our teachers are kicking lesson plans into high gear though, as our interim report cards are coming up *cough* social class *cough* :P

On another note, I've had Rae Spoon's 'Oil Rigs' stuck in my head the past couple days. Good song. It describes the Albertan experience pretty well. I really wanted to post the lyrics here, but I couldn't find them. I'll send you to his website, anyway :)
Check it out!

And on that note, I'd better go, Gabi's coming over to hang out. See ya!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

good that thing are better with with the student teacher.
checkout the comment I left on t=your rant about her it's tres funny... well not really just check it out!

Becky said...

Don't worry, comments get e-mailed to me.

PETA2.com