Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Guess what I'm listening to.

I'm not watching The Hour right now. Want to know why? Yes? No? Maybe? Well I'll tell you anyway.
I was in a horrible mood today. A lot of things added up to give me one massive headache.
So I sit down in front of the TV to watch George, which I thought would surely cheer me up. So I do, and after a few minutes I'm watching 'The News'. They have a story about Jimmy Hendrix's guitar estimated to go for less that Paul McCartney's hand written lyrics at a recent rock n roll auction. George then says "Jimmy Hendrix never wrote sh*t like 'Hey Jude'."
I left the room.
I know it looks like I overreacted, and maybe I did. But George's jokes at the expense of others have really gotten on my nerves. Hearing him say that about that song was so frustrating. I'd already had a bad day I didn't need to hear that.
'Hey Jude' was Paul's song for Julian (John Lennon's son with first wife Cynthia Lennon) when John and Cynthia were going through an awful break-up. John was off with Yoko Ono, virtually ignoring his young son. John told the rest of the group to not communicate with Cynthia at all. Paul was the only one to ignore this, and when driving up to visit her and Julian he wrote "Hey Jules", which was then changed to "Hey Jude" (easier to sing).
I've always thought that was such a kind thing of Paul to do. Julian later said that he remembers Paul being around much more than John was during those times. I think of that whenever I hear the song.
But George decided to just call it crap and end it there.

So George, what do you have planned for Thursday, the day before the 26th anniversary of John Lennon's death? I'm sure it will be equally insulting as that Sean Lennon joke you told a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure.

No comments:

PETA2.com