Monday, November 27, 2006

My weekend in review

Saturday night was Shelly dearest's birthday bash (teehee, I said 'bash' :P)
Just for the record, here's what we did:

-Made up a lot of inside jokes (eg. "that is not how you say my name" or "Vera, *cluck* Chuck and Dave")

-Played a lot of Dance Dance Revolution (I mastered the 'Butterfly' one!)

-Watched a lot of Potter Puppet Pals

-Ate pizza/cake and opened presents

-Completely by coincidence saw the 'Friends' "you just rolled over the juice box" episode (we had been talking about it earlier.)

-Watched:

  • Rent (cheesy, but catchy)
  • John Tucker Must Die (kinda crappy, but hey, it's totally a sleepover movie)
  • Monty Python And The Holy Grail (the first time seeing it for Gee and Shelly... now they get all the random jokes I tell from that movie! There was much rejoicing (see?))

-Stayed up late (of course), chatted.

-Got up late (of course), went to Denny's for breakfast (I swear they make it a policy to not have any vegetarian food on their menu. I had pancakes with excessive amounts of butter)

-Got in a debate with Shelly's mom about Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas. I still maintain that Happy Holidays is more respectful :)

Basically we had a grand old time, even with my cold!

2 comments:

Evelyne said...

Sounds like a nice weekend!

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas? I would say it depends of the situation, knowing that this person celebrated Christmas : Merry Christmas, when not so sure about it : Happy Holidays?

Becky said...

That's exactly what I said! I say specific things (eg. Merry Christmas) to those who I know what they celebrate. For those I don't know as well I say Happy Holidays. It just seems more respectful to me.

PETA2.com