Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cold, much? (an angry weather rant)

We've been having quite the cold snap here. For example, today it was -25, with wind chill, -40. Not so much fun... and to that guy who laughed at me when I had my scarf tucked up in toque to protect may face: at least I'm not lazy and driving!
The huge snowdrifts didn't help either.
But on the bright side, here's what the CBC weather centre has to say about the next few days:

Tonight..Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 34. Extreme wind chill minus 46. Wednesday..Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 21. Extreme wind chill minus 44 in the morning.

Oh joy. I'm sure all the other Albertans who are reading this know what I'm talking about... it's way too cold for my liking. My sister in Alaska said she's rather be up there, than here in terms of weather.
Oh well, as a many cheesy songs have said "I shall weather the storm" :P

3 comments:

Barbara said...

That kind of weather just sucks... there is no positive to it... You just keep warm and hope for a chinook...

Anonymous said...

Tis Mega Cold
Yes That Diserved Capitals...GET OVER IT!
jk
so yes it is cool....thats my point....it's supposed to warm up though...

Becky said...

Surprisingly we don't really get chinooks in Edmonton, that's more in Southern Alberta...

I hope it's going to warm up! This cold front's supposed to pass over us soon.

PETA2.com