Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weird...

Last night I had a disturbing dream where all my friends/classmates signed up to serve in Afghanistan/Iraq (I guess we were in the U.S.) I freaked out crying and screaming at them in the hallway, telling them not to, knowing that at least one person I cared about would be killed. The teacher who runs Peer Support had to take me on a walk to calm me down.
Then we all ended up in South Korea, locked up in an underground mall to avoid North Korean attacks. The Canadian military personnel had to wear masks and disguises to avoid standing out.
Surreal...

***
Well, in other "news" Edmonton's still in the game in terms in hockey! Ryan Smyth scored the fastest hat trick in Oilers record (beating Gretzky's record) Thursday, winning that game against the Sharks 6-4. Then again last night we beat the Avalanches 4-3. Roli's back, making 39 saves... he continues to amazes me :)
Anyway, I'm proud that our town is finally making a hockey comeback- without Pronger (I seriously dislike that guy, and his wife. I mean, how could you not love the City Of Champions?).

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I had a very scarey dream about Korea over two years ago.. The MASH unit was in it... So were fields of mass graves the the north koreans had dug themselves and then they were buried in those fields.
It was a very sad dream and it stays with me. So I know what you mean. Our fears sometimes manifest in our subconcious as we sleep. The more North Korea is in the news the more it's a focus for us.

hilary m. said...

I have really scary dreams about guns, you know, when someone has a gun and is about to kill you and then you wake up...
I hate dreams about violence, I'm never able to get to sleep after them.

Your dreams is kinda close to reality. There is a Canadian Armed Forces station at a lot of our career shows, and announcements about joining junior cadets.

Becky said...

That sounds like a really disturbing dream, Barbara, but it's good that you keep it with you and always keep it in mind. Sometimes it takes dreams like these to really bring the point home... I know it's true in my case.

I agree, Violent dreams are the worst, Hilary. It's really awful that the army shows up to career shows... I mean we're just kids!

Shelly said...

no coment on the dream except for ahhhhhhhhhh! I joined the army?! then again I have weirder dreams...


Go Oilers Go
I love roli too!(Well so does most of edmonton)

Becky said...

Yeah, about everyone joined except me (and I think Gill). Remember how I told y'all about it in Science class with the hood thing I had to wear? It was creepy.
Anyway...
GOG! (I still love how George read that on the radio :P)
Maybe I should revive my former plan to rename Gretzky Drive to Roloson Road... Hmmm

PETA2.com