Friday, October 06, 2006

No, really, it's ok if you flip the bus- not!

So how is everyone? Good I hope! I had a near death experience when the bus driver swung the back half of the bus off the road in the rain. Luggage went flying and so did some kids... AHHH!!! Saying we were shaken up is an understatement! Stupid bus driver. You know, we're only 24 do-gooder kids who are in some of their best years. Argh.

Just got back from Peer Support retreat... lots of fun (with the exception of the bus, but that did add some excitement :P)! This was my second (and last :( ) PS retreat, but it was much better than last year, maybe because I wasn't as shy/the grade nines didn't hate me (mostly because I'm a grade nine, but we were nice to the grade eights, unlike the niners last year).
Due to the confidentiality agreement I can't tell you what happened, but I can tell you what sort of activities we did. Basically we talked about confidentiality, listening, the stages of change and when to go for help. There was one very emotional part that I really want to share with you, but I really can't. Let's just say it was intense :)
I don't really know how to describe the things we learned about, but I'm very open to questions, so feel free.

I'm sad, and I was like this last year, that at retreat all students are equal, but when we go back to school on Tuesday Andrew and Katie will be popular again and I'll just be another kid who tends to blend in with all the others in the hallway. Oh well, I guess that's how things work :)

Well, it's my sister's birthday and she's having a party for her and her daughter (whose birthday was about a week ago), so I'd better go...
See ya!
P.S. I'll read all the blogs later, but my sister's party is in twenty minutes and I still need to eat supper, write in her card and get a ride over there :)

No comments:

PETA2.com