Tuesday, October 24, 2006

And I thought I was offended yesterday!

So tonight on The Hour on of George's writers told a "joke" about Sean Lennon (George wasn't comfortable saying it himself):
.
Sean Lennon is going on a tour of the U.S. Let's hope it ends in front of the Dakotas.
.
I'm sorry, but that writer just went over the line. How DARE he? He took the "nothing is sacred" theory behind the show and just turned it into an offensive and morbid joke.
As if Sean Lennon hasn't had a hard enough time already. First of all his dad was John Lennon meaning:
a) He has to live with that legacy
b) He had to deal with all the pain of his father's assassination at the age of four. FOUR. You know what I was doing when I was four? Watching Mr. Dress-up.
That writer obviously doesn't know when to stop. Argh.
So I e-mailed them. Yesterday I was kidding around in my e-mail, but in this one I just told the guy to grow-up.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I still don't get the 'joke'.
I don't know what that is a reference to neither did the person sitting next to me.
I guess it was in poor taste based on your reaction.

Becky said...

The Dakotas is the apartment complex where John Lennon lived with Sean and Yoko, and is also the building which he was shot infront of. The idiot writer's joke was basically implying that he wanted Sean to be killed like his father.

Barbara said...

Well then I understand why George refused the joke.

hilary m. said...

It's not very nice, but it doesn't really bug me that much partly cause like Barbara I didn't really get it. And I know that John was shot at the Dakota.

PETA2.com