Monday, October 23, 2006

How could George say that?

So tonight on The Hour George was talking about the complications of Paul McCartney trademarking his name because there was a guy in the states with the same name. George then said "Just change your name to Ringo Starr, cause no one wants that name". Ouch.
So I sent off an e-mail to The Hour... saying:

George! I take serious offense to your comment about no one wanting to trademark Ringo Starr's name... how could you? I now nothing's sacred, but it's Ringo! My favorite Beatle is Paul and I still think that was so mean. Ringo's the nice shy guy who sang 'With A Little Help From My Friends'... he was in 'Shining Time Station' for God's sake!
Oh well... but still :P
-Becky


Maybe I'm getting a little too hardcore about being a Beatles fan, but Ringo was always the guy who dreamed big, had security issues and was super shy... I can definitely identify with him being so shy... And I've always had a thing for drummers :P

6 comments:

Allison said...

I have a thing for drummers too.
But I thought George's comment was funny, sorry!

Becky said...

No worries Allison, I laughed at first, too...
It was more of a "someone call the fire station, cause Ringo just got burned!" moment :P

Barbara Bruederlin said...

And that of course reminds me of the Beatles joke: "the Beatles seem to be dying in order of coolness, so that means poor Ringo is next."

Sorry, I know you like Paul, but I think he's a dork.

Becky said...

Teehee :P That's so cruel and yet I can't stop giggling...

I always loved John and his music the most, but John was so awful to Cynthia and Julian, and Paul was so kind to both of them... defying John's orders to not see them and writing Hey Jude for Julian was so kind of him.
Plus he's a vegetatian like moi :P

Shelly said...

Becky it's not too bad. It's like than sush thing sort of...

Becky said...

How? I'm confuzzled :P

PETA2.com