Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Welcome Back! (Now I have that theme song stuck in my head)

First day back at school. All is well.
There are two English classes in my grade, each has 38 students. Awful, much? I mean, we're the richest province and we have classes of almost 40. Our gym class has 76 kids! Argh :(
Anyway, I have a lot of new teachers, only one of my three fave teachers is teaching me, which sucks, but I get two classes with her, so I'll survive.
We're now the oldest kids in the school, which is odd, and although I have a love-hate relationship with my current school, I will miss it and (most of) the kids in it when I head off to high school next year.

...
Anywho, inspired by the sheer ugliness and conformityness (it's a word now) of our school-provided agenda, I decided to re-decorate mine. I could always get a different one from Staples, but I'm used to the 'Premier' format (we've has them since grade 4) and anyway, what kind of challenge would that be? :)
Simon and Garfunkel agenda
The writing on the bottom is a couple of lines from 'The Sound Of Silence', one of my fave songs of Simon and Garfunkel's.
I had to take the picture at an angle, so it kind of distorts the shape of it. So, you know, just ignore that :)
---
Well, I'd better be going. We have to go and babysit the Gabsters soon...
See ya!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hope this year is good for you.
I used to do the same thing with my school planners :) Glad to see the trends still sticking.

Becky said...

Thanks :)
Yeah, the school-provided planners are always really cheesy and awful, happy to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that :D
I still have to tweak this agenda a bit (I unfortunately inherited a bad temper from my dad and being a perfectionist from my mom... not a good combination :P)... I'll have to do that tomorrow
>:) <--determination

PETA2.com