Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stream of consciousness, much?

WARNING: This post contains slight to severe ranting and major sappiness due to the authors bad day and non medical depression due to mood swings.

Had the second day of school and I'm sick of it already. Sick of the boring classes and sick of the getting bugged by the 'popular' kids because I'm not crazed and athletic. But most of all sick of the way the guy I liked for 5 years (and known for 12) is possibly one of the kindest people I know, but all his friends hate me, so forget him... did I mention that I saw him at folk fest when Feist was playing 'Inside and Out'? How appropriate.
...
Speaking of EFMF, I saw Lyle (a friend of mine in the grade below) at the fest, and I actually had a regular converstion with him about it today. We both think Hawksley Workman was great... it was nice because our converstions usually consist of
"Lyle!"
"Hey!"
*high five*
"My Grade 7/Folk Fest/Grade 8 buddy!"
"Yup."
And that's it.
---
On a different note altogether:
Got my camp pics back today, but because my camera's batteries have run out again, my take-a-pic-of-a-pic-and-posting plan will have to put on hold. C'est Dommage. (Oh, we don't have the "C'est Dommage" French teacher anymore. It sucks because that class was always a blast, but it's also good, as I might actually learn some French this year :P)
---
Well, that's what's on my mind right now...
Go listen to "In My Life" and "Here Comes The Sun" (In that order). They both mean a lot to me... just listen to the lyrics and you'll probably get it :)

6 comments:

hilary m. said...

Ugh... school has really tired me out, I haven't got into the routine yet, but my teachers have. I'm glad not to have any popular kids in my class, cause we're "Gifted And Talented" (Yeah right). Therefore, mainly boys who like nintendo or whatever and warcraft. Yaay. I have awesome teachers though.

I think you're in the same grade as me. Grade 9, the decision grade, uhuh. My only decision was to switch out of Science 10 cause it gave me a stomache ache.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Junior High pretty much sucks, but it will get better.

Evelyne said...

I hope that despite all the pooular kids and boring stuff you have to learn in school, you'll have a great year and Barbara is right the next years will be the best (at least, it's the case for me)

Becky said...

Know what ya mean Hilary, Friday afterschool right now... just had Math, Phys Ed and Band. Yuck :P
It's great that you don't have any snobbish kids, we just got our classes switched up, so it's a lot better now. We have a couple of nintendo kids too :)
Decision grade... so true :( I already know that I'm going into IB, so I don't need to worry about the Math 10/Math14 stuff, but alas, the teachers freak us out with it anyway.

That's what my many sisters keep telling me, Barbara. And I think y'all are right. I only now a few kids who are going to my high school, only one of my three close friends... so sad :( But at the same time, it'll be a fresh start. I won't have to worry about sticking to the image I've had since elementary school. My one sis said it's like "moving from a little town to the big city". Ooer :D

Thanks Evelyne :D My year's starting to look better, but I'll post about that...
I think you and Barbara and my sisters are on some wavelength or something :P

hilary m. said...

Ahh, you have decisions made. I don't, it bugs me. I want to do partial IB, without math or science but I don't know if I want to switch schools... and then I worry about the amount of work and stuff. Plus I'm okay at math, I'm doing 10 Pure right now. But I dunno if that'll get harder, cause right now polynomials for the second time are borrring. And then I'm regreting switching out of Science 10 this year... Gee, I should stop worrying.

Becky said...

Don't worry! At least you get to choose where you're going, I've always been expected to go to the one high school, as that's where all my sister's went. I don't mind, but I do like choice :)
Although, I do get choice in what I take IB in... like you, I'm not taking Science or Math, only the high school versions of Social and LA from this one :P
I'm sure you'll get it all figured out :)

PETA2.com