Monday, September 04, 2006

Becky's turn to be tagged :D

I've been tagged by Allison! I love filling out things like this so I find this rather exciting (odd, I know).

1. Things that scare me
Stalkers and crazed murderers

2. People who make me laugh
My family in general (but in a good way :P)
George
Colbert and Stewart (more Stewart... there are enough crazed right wing news show hosts that we don't need someone to pretend to be one :D)
Rick Mercer

3. Things I hate the most
Kids who pretend they know more and that they are better than everyone else when they're actually real jerks
Kids who don't show respect to kind adults who are just trying to do their jobs
People who call me too nice

4. Things I don't understand
Tattoos all over ones body
Reality TV
The appeal of racist/disgusting jokes

5. Things I'm doing right now
Filling this survey out
Uploading music to my MP3 player
Being nagged to take the dog for a walk (I will! But I'm still in my PJs :P)

6. Things I want to do before I die
Work for CBC
Travel, everywhere
Write a book (preferably a biography)

7. Things I can do
Um... I can store unnecessary amounts of information about my favorite things (movies, musicians, people) in my head
Speak a pitiful excuse for French
Watch 4 hours of Train 48 in a row (that takes talent :P)

8. Way to describe my personality
Too sensitive
Feisty, if need be
Nervous, about everything
A perfectionist

9. Things I can't do
Dance
Draw realistic pictures (only cartoons from this one)

10. Things I think you should listen to
Indie in general
More Simon and Garfunkel
The classics, eg. The Beatles

11. Things you should never listen to
Marilyn Manson

12. Things I'd like to learn
More french
How to be less annoying around guys I like (it's the truth)
How to actually play the clarinet

13. Favorite foods
Cheese pizza
French Fries from 'Friends and Neighbours'
Peanut Butter sandwiches

14. Beverages I drink regularly
Milk
Juice (particularily Orange)
Fresca

15. Shows I watched as a kid
I am kind of still a kid, oh well, when I was a younger kid then (I guess I'm technically a teen)
-When I was a toddler I watched:
Mr. Dress-Up
Sesame Street/Park
Barney (don't hurt me)
-When I was older, a tween if you will, I watched:
Radio Free Roscoe
The Weekenders
ALF

11 comments:

Becky said...

Yeah, I'll let the non-crazed ones go :P
Lol, never thought of it that way :D

Mint Sharpie said...

Hey. I like Manson. At least, the parts where he's singing as opposed to screaming. The acidy stuff makes my throat go sore. (singer's training...)

If you want any boy help, PM me on the jian.ca forums so I can give you my email. I'm mint_sharpie. ; )

Becky said...

Sorry about that, just I had some run-ins with a suicidal-Manson-worshiping girl at camp. I know all his fans aren't like that, it just kind of creeps me out.
And his lamb sacrificing in Australia doesn't really go well with my animal activist side...
I guess he's just not my kind of guy :P But hey, as Alana would say "whatever floats your boat" (teehee, that gets me every time)

The boy-help jian.ca thing sounds like a plan!

Mint Sharpie said...

Manson kills lambs in Australia...??? WTF?

I guess I'll stick to my friends view: like the music, not the person...

Barbara said...

So sad about Steve the crocodile hunter though. :-(
Sorry that was off topic. I just saw Australia and started thinking about him...
I used to watch his show with Graham. Graham would quote him quite a bit. Graham used to scuba dive and was a biologist.

Allison said...

excellent list! so glad i tagged ya :)
laughing too at "crazed murderers", sorry ;P

Becky said...

According to 'Dingo', our Australian high ropes guide and Sara, our in-house Manson follower, in an Australian concert he threw a lamb into the audience and asked for it back in a certain way. He's now banned from the country.
I suppose I should judge him on his music and not on him... he just kind of scares me :P

I definitely agree with you, Barbara, the Crocidile Hunter's death was quite tragic and shocking. But you'll always have the good memories of watching him with Graham, and that's what's important :)

Don't apologize, Allison, I laughed at my crazed murderers comment for awhile... I say stupid stuff like that all the time :D

mellowlee said...

I'm glad Allison tagged you. That list was fun to read :) I love that you said "Crazed" murderers. It's just very descriptive. Crazed murderers sounds better than just murders. Heehee! Stalkers scare me too. *yikes!*

Les Appendices said...

I red that you like Monty Python and that you wanted to learn more french. I'm in a humour group in Québec and we are doing a show (pretty much like the sketch show) but more absurd. We really like the Monty Pythons too and we also love The Office, Andy Kaufman, and Joel and Ethan Coen. If you like, you can watch our 14min video of sketchs (it's all in french). If you understand the humour of another language, you can say that you've understood everything of it. That's what I do : watch english comedy. Well, here's the link to my video : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7800891059193116463&q=les+appendices

You could give your comments after watching, it would be great. Thanks.

Becky said...

Yeah, after watching a TLC show (no good can come from those!) and a random guy on our garage roof a couple years ago, I'm completely paranoid...

That sounds really awesome! I'll have to check that out, although I don't really have too much confidence in my French abilities :P

Becky said...

Hellllo becky
this is Gill how r u doing fine i should hope!!!!!
so ya ur standing right beside me and all like taping notebook thing! we at AC's CRIB dowg!!! ya don't ask later!

PETA2.com