Saturday, August 19, 2006

Selfishness and sisters: a rant (kind of)

You know what I hate? Selfishness. I'm really quite bad at dealing with it. It always seems like people are always getting one step closer to my goals than I am myself. I always get jealous, though I know it's not their fault, it's my own. If I wasn't so shy I could get places. Places that I'm not going right now.

---
I also hate it when people assume that because I'm young that I'm incapable of understanding things. Like when the Stroumboulopouli got started up my one sister assumed it was a "fan club" with other girls at my school, something "cutesy" or whatever. My sisters are still always saying things like "so has George ever heard of you guys?". Or if I try to explain to them a bit from the Daily Show they'll be "That's nice."
Argh. So, you know, if finding out how young I am changes how you think of me, whatever, I'm used to it :P
---
Anyway, that's my rant (yes, I know, it's a little short, oh well) for today, I'm going to find some M*A*S*H re-runs or something.

6 comments:

Mint Sharpie said...

Y'know what's fun to do to people like that? Reply with something incredibly simple in ridiculously long words. It drives jerks mad. *evil grin* It doesn't even have to be an insult, as long as you act the teensiest bit superior-than-thou. Plus any adults in the area worth knowing will be impressed with your vocabulary. ; )

However, I was pretending to be older for a while, and then I decided to admit that I'm 15. And you know what? My online grown-up friends think that's okay. They're cool like that. Anyone who treats you worse for knowing how young you are isn't worth your time, 'cause you're awesome and they're too conceited to see that.

Becky said...

Love it! :D
I definitely agree with you that anyone that judges you on your age isn't someone worth while. I know that y'all aren't like that, though :)
That's awesome that you're a teenager, too! Always great to meet other people under the legal drinking age :P

Becky said...

Hmmm... re-reading over my post. I'm a bit hard on my sister's... To be fair, the oldest one is really supportive of my blogging. My sister's aren't evil if I made them sound that way, just not the type who would be into blogging :)

Allison said...

Its hard being the younger one. I'm the oldest, so I can't really say much. But when I was younger I use to hate it when others would talk down to me, even though I read just as much news etc, as they probably did. True story, my dad used to test me and my brother of what was in the newspaper over breakfast.
But by the sounds of your second post, you've got is pretty OK :)

Barbara said...

I am very proud of the youngest stroumboulopouli Becky! Yes George does know us... I keep reminding him...
:-) again Happy Birthday!

Becky said...

Thanks guys!

That's awesome that your dad used to test you guys! My dad and I quiz eachother, but it's usually on Watergate :P I think I'd enjoy the newspaper more :D
Yeah, my sisters are good sisters. They don't beat me up, for one... sometimes it just gets on my nerves how they talk down to me... it's really annoying!

Thanks Barbara! If George didn't know who we were I'd march (Ok, fly) to Toronto and make us known! *evil laugh*
Happy-yesterday-was-your-birthday to you!

PETA2.com