Monday, August 21, 2006

A post-birthday post

The post I wrote on my birthday (yesterday) was put on The Hour's blogtracker! I couldn't ask for a better blogger birthday surprise!

---
Yesterday my sisters- boyfriends and niece in tow, came over for a smallish birthday party... lots of fun!
My dad 'baked' (aka got a cake from Save-On-Foods and hid it in the oven) a delicious cake and we ordered in some Panago pizza. I opened up the awesome gifts (including stuff to decorate t-shirts with, a framed copy of the American Apparel-esque pic I took of Gabi, 'All The President's Men: Special Edition' and 'Syriana' (I can't wait to see it!)) from my dad and sisters. We sat on our porch ("like hippies", according to our neighbour's son) talking and then I went to listen to The Strombo Show.
The guy who's filling in for George et Bob was talking about the Edmonton police protocol with cops swearing. Personally, since they tasered (and killed) a guy for no reason right by my house, I think that cops swearing should be the least important issue on their minds.
So, to make my birthday less depressing, I went and watched Monty Python on PBS with my dad and my sister's boyfriend.
All in all, I had a pretty Jim Dandy birthday! It was sad not having my mom and my one sister there, but my family travels enough that I've learned to get used to it :)
---
Today I've just been hanging out, watching Comedy Now!, the usual. I plan to watch a movie with Gill later on (she just got back from vacation and has yet to tell me all the details of her cliff-diving adventures in the mountains)- should be fun!
See ya later!

7 comments:

Alana Elliott said...

Hey Becky! I'm sorry I wasn't able to wish you a prompt birthday wish, these past few days have been SO crazy and I've been spending the last hour just catching up on everyone's blogs, so...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY BECKSTER!!

Becky said...

No worries, I've had those kind of crazy days. They're... well, crazy! :D

Thanks for the birthday greeting!

When's your birthday? I just realized that I have no idea of anyone's birthdays, which is really awful of me! Y'all must tell me! :)

Allison said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday :)
I'm sorry too if I missed stating it in my post. Too many people's birthdays this week, and I thought you wrote a post about it earlier! I'm going crazy, clearly ;)
So again, Happy (be it belated) Birthday wishes!!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Happy happy belated. It sounds like you had a grand day on your birthday and I hope you continue to enjoy your presents all year. It sounds like you will!

Alana Elliott said...

Hey Becks, my birthday's on February 11th. A long ways away...or a long time past, whichever way you'd like to look at it. :P

Becky said...

Thanks Barbara!

Alana, good to know! I shall have to write that on my forehead...

Becky said...

Thanks Allison for the birthday greeting! Sorry I didn't say that last comment, I kinda got the order messed up :P

PETA2.com