Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My new favorite movie...

Just finished watching the movie at my aunt's. We started watching a British film called 'Wonderland', but after about half an hour we discovered that was crap, so we surfed my uncle's DVD database and discovered 'Almost Famous'. Gill had lent it to me about a month ago, but I'd never gotten around to watching it... I knew she adored it (and I lent her the soundtrack I found for her at the library... good music), but we don't always like the same type of movies, so I didn't think too much of missing it.
My God was I wrong! This is definitely one of my new favorite movies! Not only does it deal with the 70's, rock and roll and a slightly mad family, but also with a kid trying to find the right balance between being a journalist and being a friend... if you haven't already seen it, watch it now, I'm not kidding.
By the way, if William Miller ever existed, I would marry him in a moment. He is the sweetest guy ever! I think I can really relate to him because his goals and my goals are the same, and we both are a bit unsure of how to reach them... I think Will's character has about ten times the courage I have though :)
I now have 'Tiny Dancer' stuck in my head! I don't even like that song! Argh.
Okay, it's after midnight... gotta sleep! Can you tell I haven't slept in a while? :)

9 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

That WAS a good movie. I feel like watching it again now.

Barbara said...

I will keep it in mind when I settle myself in the new place.

Becky said...

Sounds like a plan (or Canada)! Giggle, odd inside joke with myself :P

Allison said...

'Almost Famous' is one of my favourite films, I remember being 16 and watching it for the first time, and knowing then, that I wanted to do that (i.e. write for film). I literally watch it about once a month. Other good Cameron Crowe flicks, 'Say Anything' and 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' he writes reality, with awesome tunes to back it up!
So glad to hear its finding another generation!!

Shelly said...

sounds cool perhaps we should wath it at your birthday party instead of going to the movie store and trying to find a movie i havent seen.

Becky said...

That's awesome that 'Almost Famous' inspired you that much! I really look forward to watching those other movies, I hear Cameron Crowe is (and I've experienced it first hand, now) is an amazing director!

We could watch it next week, Shelly... we should ask Gill and Vi, though. Gill's seen it and Vi might not want to see it with a bunch of people who already have have... hmmm, tricky...

Becky said...

Oops, I just realized I said 'wouldn't' instead of 'would' in expressing how I love the Will Miller character... oh well, it was late when I wrote this :P

GeeGee said...

...I just think Will's HOT!!!

GeeGee said...

my dad has gone on a killing spree!!! he keeps killing these little bugs....there harmless but he hates them! i don't know whats wrong with him!
anyway i love that movie!
ALL U HATERS OUT THERE MUST SEE IT....AND THEN ALL THE NONE HATERS MUST SEE IT TOO AND THEN ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE MUST SEE IT.....O HECK EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SEE IT!!!!!!!!!! and i think becky's going to say 'u've gone mad' just a guess though!

PETA2.com