Thursday, August 17, 2006

Folk fest: remembering day 4

I plan to post three times today, so bear with me, please!
Ok, so I've been lazy lately, but I've finally decided to post the pictures of Sunday...

---
First of all we saw an awesome guitar duo from Mexico, Rodrigo y Gabriella. I would have gotten a photo of them, but I was too busy dancing with my own Gabriela, my niece Gabi. (Here she's eating the cup that held my chocolate chiller... awww!)

Sunday was a pretty slow day, we mostly saw people we'd already seen... so let's skip to the evening :)

Here are the Blind Boys Of Alabama on mainstage, as I said a last post, they had everyone moving to the beat, including me, who inherited the family-I-can't-dance gene. (The awesome Journal photographer was there taking random pics of people madly dancing.)

Blind Boys Of Alabama

Below is the photo that I sacrificed certain innocence for. As I said, at the end of Folk Fest it's a tradition to join hands and sway while singing 'Four Strong Winds' (am I the only person on the planet who doesn't know how that song goes? Oh yeah, they had the lyrics in the program). Hardcore folkies take it really seriously, crying and such. Anywho, I had almost made it out on time but, because I love y'all, I had to stop to take a photo. That's when the crazed lady grabbed my shoulder and started making me sway with her and her friends. Yuck. I escaped unharmed, but it was certainly traumatic... and the photo didn't even turn out :P
Four Strong Winds
The next day I just went and worked my regular shift cleaning up the concession area (and scoring some free kettle popcorn)!
---
Whew! Ok, so now that I've finished Folk Fest stuff, I'm on to bigger and (maybe) better posts. See ya there (perhaps)!

No comments:

PETA2.com