Friday, August 11, 2006

Folk Fest: Day 1 1/2

Oh hello there!

Day 1
Last night I hung out at le folk de fest and had a ton of fun (even though it was raining like crazy and I was soaked to the bone)! The whole hill was covered. One guy put it so well, saying that it reminded him "of a giant recycling centre" because of all the tarps. So true, so true (and you can't even see the whole hill in this pic). Unfortunately, I missed K'Naan while eating my volunteer supper, but he's on again tonight at 7:30. Bedouin Soundclash was on and they were fantastic. We were right to one side of the stage (if you sat on the volunteer tarp you created a puddle), and we had a pretty good view (you can't really see it in the picture, though. So sad.)... They had really awesome bags for the band in the music and merch tent, but the girl infront of me got the last one... c'est dommage.
We later discovered that my sister's friend's brother had gotten the bronze tarp (meaning they get the third pick of where to put their tarp), and were sitting right infront of the stage. Apparently they're going to set it up by the sound booth tonight (out of the rain, good view and good sound) and they said we could sit with them. It's too bad that I didn't know that last night, but at least I get good seats for Feist.
Day 1/2
So after all that soaking and dancing we did yesterday, I wasn't very happy to have to get there at 9:30 (8:30 tomorrow) to pick up all the cigarette butts and gum wrappers from the hill. But once I got there and started to hang out with one of my friends who's also volunteering, it was ok. I got picked up at one, and now I'm at home, in dry clothes, talking to y'all... I'll have to keep ya posted on all the upcoming mayhem. Anyway, I'm tired...
See ya!

4 comments:

Alana Elliott said...

Feist and K'naan = AWESOMENESS!

I saw K'naan last summer, he's fantastic! I hope you enjoy his performance, he puts on a good show! He seemed a little introverted then, but hopefully now that he's gained a little more popularity he'll be even more captivating. :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I saw K'naan last summer as well, and he did put on a great show. When Bedouin Soundclash played Calgary Folk Fest they were not as great as I had hoped, but I'm glad they did well in Edmonton.

They don't allow smoking at the mainstage area in Calgary, so there isn't any butt picking to do. Actually I only ever saw a couple of people smoking (cigarettes, that is).

GeeGee said...

KOOL KOOL have u see HER yet (AKA Feist) lol i was just listineing to feist just a second ago cool cool! Hope u have fun......hope it doesn't rain........hahahha puddle...

GeeGee said...

Hey Becky read all ur new commets on ur posts i left lots!

PETA2.com