Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ah, gotta love folk fest performers!

Ok, so today was fabulous (apart from the 5 minute hail storm...)! I saw Feist, Bruce Cockburn, Sarah Harmer, Hawksley Workman, Jason Collett, to name a few. It was crazy!
Since it's getting late and I have to get up early tomorrow to work (have to be there at 8:30- Yuck.) I have decided to put down a few quotes from the artists that I found humourous.

"My father always said 'Son, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in'... After living in Alberta for most of my life, I've had to change that to 'It doesn't matter who I vote for, the damn Tories always get in!'"
-David Ross MacDonald

*Hawksley Workman starts to play his guitar, rainwater off the speaker spills all over a guy in the audience*
Hawksley: "Oh no! Look at that... Sorry guy and his water... Shower time!"

Feist: "So I really cut my teeth in Edmonton."
Guitarist:"I lost my virginity in Edmonton..."

I liked Feist's guitarist :P
Anyway, better get going! See y'all tomorrow, perhaps?

4 comments:

Elron said...

Hi Becky ... glad to hear you're enjoying your summer :). I liked the quote from MacDonald ... I'm surious if you read my blog article "One party democracy … the story of Alberta politics …" ... here is the link (http://blog.globalparadigm.info/2006/05/22/one-party-democracy-the-story-of-alberta-politics/)
Enjoy the rest of the Folk Fest :)

Alana Elliott said...

Oh wow, sounds like you had a great time! I didn't know Cockburn was going to be there, he does a fantastic luve show if you're willing to sit (or stand) and listen. Not much of a rocker these days, but a great performer.

Glad you had such a good time, I look forward to more details once you're rested!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I love seeing Hawksley live - he is such a great showman. Sounds like you took in some great shows.

Evelyne said...

It seems that you're having a good time, hope the other shows are going to be as fun as the one you already saw!

PETA2.com