Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The upside to picking up trash

So this summer I'm volunteering at the folk fest here, on the "environment crew" (aka picking up trash). But, there is an upside.
Feist (one of my top 5 musicians of all time) is coming on a Saturday, but all the Saturday passes are sold out. Oh, but what's that I hear? Volunteers can come on any day, regardless of if they're working or not?
Yes, it is true... I get to see Feist!!! Ok, do a happy dance, right now, faster!
Ok, just thought I'd let y'all know of my excitement.

3 comments:

Alana Elliott said...

YEAH! That's awesome Becky, Feist is GREAT! You get to be helpful while volunteering AND see Feist... I say that's good karma!

I'm super jealous. From what I've heard, Leslie Feist puts on a fantastic live show...

hilary m. said...

Sounds great!

I might be going to the Edmonton Folk Fest, it's happening the only time we're actually home..
and when the Calgary Folk Fest is a-happening I'm not there. =(.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Good for you! She's coming to the Calgary Folk Fest as well, if you want to come pick up garbage here as well ...
Hope you get to see some great acts.

PETA2.com