Monday, June 19, 2006

I cried... I'm not kidding.

So we lost. With it Edmonton lost our sense of unity and our hopes and dreams of once again becoming the city of champions.
Tomorrow, all the car flags will have disappeared, all the temporary tattoos wiped off, all the jerseys hung back up. All Edmontonians will once again become strangers, split with a political divide, no longer the strong family we were for these few weeks.
Or will we? Maybe the fans will keep the flags flying, a sign that we will return, show that one loss can take away the Stanley Cup, but it can't take away our passion for our game, can't take away our pride.
I sure hope that that's the path we choose, the path to not be emotionally defeated, but to bounce back, and show that the Hurricanes can blow us down, but they can't stop us from building everything right back up.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I remember crying when the Leafs lost in the 1994 series, third round, so don't feel bad at all about that. Have some faith though, I've been watching newsworld and CBC after the game and the Edmonton crowds still seem to be upbeat. It was a good run, and there's always next year :)

Alana Elliott said...

It's okay Becky, I cried too. I'm still kind of crying on and off...it sucks!! But you're right, Edmonton will build themselves back up again and all of us fans will be back cheering them on again next season.

OILERS FOREVER! :)

*hugs*

Barbara said...

my condolences.

PETA2.com