Monday, June 26, 2006

Hey hey we're the Monkees!

So on the Strombo show last night (along with some very graphic stories, including the one about George and the cleaning lady (shudder)) they had a debate about The Monkees, and their talent as a band. Now I'm a old fan of the TV series (I'm all about retro shows... M*A*S*H, Dragnet, you name it), and admit it, The Monkees are catchy (hey Gill, remember my Mike Nesmith toque? I still have that!)! In fact, I'm listening to the theme song right now... Anywho, Alex ended up just saying "But hey, they're just the Monkees", which made me giggle... teehee!
Had an exam today... fun fun! It actually wasn't that bad, but after getting root beers, my friends and I were walking home, and this idiot girl goes up to my friend and asks a really offensive question (not dirty offensive, but body type offensive)... I still want to scratch her eyes out (not that I'd actually ever do that...)! Anyway... God I hate her! Ok, Becky, breathe...
So after that my friend and I just hung out, watching twenty year old episodes of Family feud, two year old episodes of Millionaire, and new episodes of Lingo... yes, I know, we're pitiful.
This is getting pretty long, I'd better go.
See ya!

3 comments:

Alana Elliott said...

Awwwwwww, Davy. I used to watch that show too, "back in the day". I remember they used to play reruns of it on Much Music, I watched it all the time. And I STILL sing that theme song out of nowhere sometimes just for entertainment. It was a funny show...

Barbara Bruederlin said...

My friend and I started a band when we were young, complete with guitars made out of shoe boxes, and called ourselves The Spiders. Our theme song went "hey hey we're the Spiders we're just spinning around" - sound familiar?

hilary m. said...

I always thought of the Monkee's as kinda cute. Except for that drummer, who actually looks like a Monkey. And you have to admit that song's pretty catchy.

PETA2.com