Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sisters... and the holidays

Woohoo! Only a few more days until Christmas! I'm really excited because my sister who lives in Alaska came home on Monday! She brought her new boyfriend here with her for a few days before he had to go home to the States- ooer!

But at the same time I'm missing my oldest sister, who went to Ontario with her boyfriend and daughter for Christmas (to spend it with his family)... we miss you a lot! Without their witty commentary and Gabi climbing over everyone the season just doesn't seem right, our family seems very incomplete.

And then I feel really guilty as the sister who's closest in age to me embarrassed in front of everyone without realizing. I got pretty annoyed and avoided her while we were leaving. Then I get home and find the package containing the Christmas present from her that had arrived for me (a subscription to Shameless magazine). It reminded me of the day in summer where I first discovered the mag and we were hanging out reading it, having a great time... and now I want to call and apologize because I completely over reacted, but she's not home. I'll have to phone her later.
Argh... sibling relationships are so confusing, but I love my sisters SO much and I wouldn't trade them for the world :)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

that's ok becky. you always get embarissed by your sister. that or you get into really pointless fights. as for missing your sister she has to phone at some point!

PETA2.com