Sunday, November 19, 2006

Movies, much?

So I guess when I said 'see ya soon' I meant 'see ya in four days'.
Anyway, since I last posted conflicts have been settled and the world is now peaceful... ok, so my friend relations are peacful... kind of different from world peace... sorry about that :P

Just finished watching 'Erin Brockovich' with Gill and Vi as an ENVOE assignment. We have to do a report on what the environmental issue was and how to prevent it, which will be so hard *cough* follow regulations *cough*.
I felt the movie was really well done... it had the investigative portion which I always enjoy. The fact that it was based on a true story made it all the more moving.

A not-so-quite moving movie I saw yesterday was 'Dick'. It was a Nixon spoof on 'All The President's Men'. You definitely need to see ATPM to get all the references... it was completely pointless, but was a good laugh.

Remember 'JFK'? Another great movie I saw this weekend was 'RFK', about Bobby Kennedy. It was really good, and appropriate watch if you're planning the bigger budget movie 'Bobby'.

2 comments:

Allison said...

wow, teen flashback to 'Dick' that was one of my, 'did i actually see that in the theatre' films?

'Bobby' was actually made for less then you'd think considering the cast, I'm excited to see it, I think it looks well done, as I enjoy Emilo's work as a director. One just must look past the 'Might Ducks' ;P

Becky said...

Yeah... I wouldn't pay to see that movie... gotta love library cards :P

I just assumed that 'Bobby' was made on a huge budget, but apparently I was incorrect. I shall fix the wording :)
I'm quite excited to see it as I love researching JFK, and I'm often inspired by RFK's speeches. It should be good!

PETA2.com