Friday, October 20, 2006

Maybe I haven't quite failed...

Andrew actually watched it!!! He actually watched The Hour!!! Last year every time I tried to get someone to watch it they would watch the line-up and then change the channel. But he actully watched yesterday, and get this, he actually LIKED it!!! Wow, that's so cool!
***
Well, in science today we had kids by dropping our chromosomes (pieces of paper with some of our traits on them, eg. blonde or brown hair (bb or Bb/BB)) with a partner see what our kid would look like. Alex H. and I had twins, a girl and a boy, Jewels and Richard. So cute! The rest of the project involves writing up a fake birth announcement telling of at least five of the eleven traits and drawing/photoshopping pictures to look like our kids. Weird, yes, but very fun.
***
Illustrator/Author Carolyn Fisher came to talk to the Grade Nines (aka my grade) today, giving us tips if we want to become authors/illustrators. She's written and illustrated "A Twisted Tale", illustrated "Two Old Potatoes And Me" (both kids books) and has drawn for The New York Times and The Washington Post... AND she's from Southern Alberta. She's quite the eccentric and is really nice! Check out her website!
***
So on that note, I shall leave y'all... have a good weekend (I'm sure I'll be back back tomorrow)!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

good job with andrew. now if I could just talk to him he could watch the OC. Essi got Nick hooked maby I could get andrew...

hilary m. said...

We're learning about chromosomes in science!

I wrote a rap entitled "Chomo Yo!". It was stunning. Yo rhymes with a lot of things.

Becky said...

Shelly, when you talk like that it makes it seem like we're in a competition, which I really don't want as you're one of my best friends and this whole mess means different things for each of us.

LOL, Yo does rhyme with a lot of things, Hilary :P
Last year Gill and I wrote the "Regional Rap" for social class, is it not fun?! :D

PETA2.com