Saturday, September 16, 2006

Splice Of Life

Tonight we went to 'Splice Of Life: A Genetically Modified Musical' at the downtown library. It was written to make the public aware of the GMOs in our everyday world... it was excellent! My sister is super involved in the group that put it on and therefore she (and I) knew most of the people in it... so great! It was their last performance, and was wonderful, they did a great job at taking old musical classics and modifying them (no pun intended). One of my fave parts was the fact that Geoff Berner (or as it says in the programme 'Accordian Man- Geoff "I was tricked into this" Berner') was really involved and played the accordian (of course). (My sister informed me that he's playing here in the city tomorrow, I might just have to go :D)
Anyway, it's a great cause! Check out biofreedom here!

---
Argh, two of my sisters aren't talking to eachother and my sister and Alaska and I are caught in the middle. My mom's totally taken a side and I tend to find that sister's tactics to make me take her side offensive... yuck in general.
...
And on another cheery note, my Great Aunt Vera out on the coast (who we're quite close with) is very sick and isn't expected to live much longer... my dad is going out there ASAP. I'm not quite sure how I'd deal with it... I've never been old enough to understand when any other family members have passed away. As much as I hate to say it, I guess it's a part of life.
---
Well, I guess I'll keep you posted on everything then...
As Barbara W would say- Be Positive

5 comments:

Mint Sharpie said...

It's so much easier to go to the little alternative organic-y store. Plus they have really interesting new foods to try every week!

I hope your siblings figure stuff out soon. I love being an only child.

Please give your family my sympathies. I just got back from a memorial service at the hospice where my grandmother died, and honestly, it's really nice to see so many people come together to make each other feel better. You have my love.

Allison said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, situations like that are hard to deal with, at any age. Thoughts are with you and your family.
And I hope your sisters sort things out soon.

Becky said...

I appreciate your comments guys :) We've known for a while this was going to happen soon... but you never know. She could easily live a few more months, we're not just sure.

My sisters are a little better now... I dunno, I'm kind of like a half and half only child/sibling thing. First of all they're technically my half sisters, but we're quite close. Then it's just me and my mom and dad (and dog :P) at home, even though I see them a lot. We're not your typical group of siblings :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm sorry about you aunt. That's a really tough situation for a family to be in, it's impossible to know when is the right time to make that trip. All the best to your family.

Becky said...

Thanks Barbara. We're going to try and make it out there soon as we can, but it was my great aunts decision to go off dialysis, so it's not like she isn't prepared. At long as she's happy, I'll stay positive...

PETA2.com