Friday, September 01, 2006

One hen, two ducks, three laughing geese...

Hey there! Back from camp!
It was mostly fun, as per norm. We met up with two old friends from last year, and I made a few new ones also.
The schedule was very camp-ish: canoeing, rock climbing, zip-lining, etc. We did a lot more water activities now that lake Wabuman has been cleaned up from last years train spill (last year we weren't allowed to into the lake).
Our counselors were really nice, "Critter" was really awesome, and "Raccoon" was 'rad' (I only say this for that is his catch phrase, and he might just kill me if I called him awesome possum :P)...
There were some awkward moments, like when this one idiot girl chose to call Gill and I "too nice" (but not in a kind way).
Anywho, other than that, camp in general ran fairly smoothly (except for the huge traffic jam on the Whitemud on the drive home, but that technically doesn't count as camp) :)
I didn't take my digital camera, only a couple one-time-use ones, but I'll get them developed ASAP, and then I'll do the whole take-a-picture-of-a-picture-and-then-post-it deal. For now here's a picture of the camp's waterfront from their website. It's a much better picture when looking from the waterfront on to the lake.

Camp waterfront
---
Anyway, life back at home is kind of 'meh', for a couple of reasons:
-My mom, the one person I know I can talk out everything with, is in Alaska... let's just say my dad isn't the best at making one feel better for he tends to take everything very personally.
-With only my dad and dog looking after the house, I came home to a slightly messier, different smelling house. I liked the way our house smelled before :P
-Missed the Strombo Show on Sunday. It's actually very disappointing, as I was here, just super busy, but everyone says it was a wonderful show and now I feel bad for missing such a big piece of George history:(
...
But other than those things, most of which are fairly unimportant, it's all good. I think I just have post-camp syndrome. This happened last year, too. When you spend four days with eight or nine other girls your age, with tons of random excitement (aka Raccoon's twirling game) and an insanely cute counselor (aka Raccoon), sitting at home watching Colbert repeats isn't as appealing as it was before :)
...
Oh well, my sister and I are heading off to IKEA to get her a new bookshelf (should I shop in slow-mo?) and to superstore to drop off my cameras now... See ya!

5 comments:

Mint Sharpie said...

Welcome back! =D

That camp sounds like so much fun. How often do you go climbing? And why were all your councelors random mammals? O.o I think Jian got to them...

I hope you feel less of the camp withdrawl soon. It sucks big time. Referring to my favorite camp of all time: "CTY is the only place that makes you homesick 49 weeks out of the year."

Becky said...

Hello! Happy to be back :D

We only went rock climbing once, but we also did high ropes, which involves a lot of climbing of telephone pole like objects :P
I really did enjoy the climbing wall, though, and as I live just a couple blocks away from one, I'm thinking about going on a regular basis.

Thanks! I really hope I do :)
That's an awesome saying you've got there! So true, so true... our camp's is "A Place To Return". I guess it's sort of along the same lines :)

Becky said...

Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot to explain the whole counselor name thing.
At our camp the kids range from 5 to 15. All the counselors need to pick nature names, although we usually find out their real names. Critter's was Gretel and Raccoon's was Jesse...
Or maybe Jian did get to them :P

Barbara said...

I want to go to camp now too... Is there a camp for adults besides the funny farm?

Becky said...

Teehee... the funny farm :P
They do have mother-daughter camps in the spring :)

PETA2.com