Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm singing in the rain!

Yes, David, your suggestion of singing instead of complaining about walking in the rain kinda worked. I just had that song stuck in my head the whole way home! Argh.

Today was wet. There, my day in three words. It rained most of the day, so we went to the rain out shelter (which is so well placed, five blocks away).
My nice shorts got ripped when I hopped a fence during lunch, so I had to go home to get changed (but at home was my new Feist shirt that had just been delivered. Yay! Now I have a Feist and a Daily Show shirt... that fills my cool shirt quota for the year :p).
Later a weather watch was put out, so because it was "severe weather" (a thunderstorm), they sent us all home in the worst of it. Real smart. No one was home when I got there, so I had to stand out in the rain for ten minutes, only to find out, when my dad came home from looking for me (awww... a gesture I do appreciate :)) that the back door had been open the whole time. Oh well.

The day wasn't all bad, though. Nic attempted to teach me how to play 'Magic' (which I still don't understand). Hmmm... I think that's about it, but it makes up for everything else :)

I liked yesterday's weather better. It was sunny and raining at the same time. Much more fun.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

You are the coolest almost 14 year old I know. I used to play magic The gathering all the time. Want my cards?

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You've got a pretty cool t-shirt collection happening there!

Becky said...

Thanks for the offer Barbara W, but Nic has plenty cards to spare (insert melting heart here). I was watching yesterday, man it's confusing! That's really awesome that you used to play. Maybe when I get better we can have a little Magic The Gathering gathering (y'all can see how bad I am at them :)). I'm learning, though!

Thanks Barbara B! Gotta love funky t-shirts! You should see Gill, I think she's an eBay t-shirt addict, she has T-shirts of everything! It's pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

just wondering what this feist t-shirt looks like. does it have her face and FEIST in big bold lime green letters because that would be sooo cool.

Becky said...

That does sound like a pretty awesome t-shirt there, Sheilagh. We (You, Gee and I) should go into business... think about it "FAB T-shirt Co.", very nice :)
But my tee's brown with a storm cloud with lightning bolts coming out if it that spell Feist. It's pretty great... I shall have to post a pic.

GeeGee said...

lalallallalal new t's i got a Donnas one.....ya u've seen it! i love getting t's my mom doesn't want me getting anymore though aparently i have enough.....i don't think so but she does so i'm all like fine and shes all like great we agree (but really we don't...o well!)

GeeGee said...

i hate that new letter thing that we have to type in to leave comments now!!! arg!

PETA2.com