Friday, June 02, 2006

School dances, fist fights, and other everyday happenings...

Year end school dance today... god, I hate dances. First of all, there are only about six couples in the entire school, so everyone just goes with their best friends, and then you stand around in a stuffy gym having to listen to "You're Beautiful", as those six couples slow dance. Fun fun. Forget radio stations, why don't they put a ban on James Blunt being played at dances?!
Other then that, the day was pretty average... I say that everyday, don't I?!
Well, one other interesting thing happened. Just as I was leaving the dance, two guys from my class started fighting. They fake fight a lot, so I just did the joke "fight, fight" chant for a second, until I realized they were serious (which was weird, cause these guys are usually best friends), and I didn't want to be a bystander (see, I do listen in health class). Anyway, they stopped pretty quick after that, but they're still not getting along... I asked someone what the fight was about, and they said it was because the one guy mispronounced the other guy's name!
Teenage boys are weird (I find the guys at my school often have more mood swings then the girls... odd...).
Anywho, other than that, the day went pretty smoothly. Gotta go, my sister's coming over, and Ellen's on (It's been repeats all week, and it's all new today!).

8 comments:

hilary m. said...

wow! It seems you are describing the exact thing that happens at our dances. we usually get power failures though. and math teachers dancing to "grease lightning"

Becky said...

Oh, don't get me started on 'grease lightning'! We recently went on a school trip to Jasper, and I made the mistake of bringing 'Grease' to watch on the bus!
My Social and Science teachers wouldn't stop singing along, and they wouldn't let some groups get supper until they did the 'grease dancing' bit!
The torture they put us through!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh lord, school dances have not improved one iota since my time about 100 years ago. You both have my sympathies.

hilary m. said...

I can only imagine.. we had a "Grease" play at our school. I'm glad that I didn't see any teachers there. It freaks me out to hear teachers singing or dancing for that matter. My english teacher recently told me that he really likes Culture Club and Blondie. I didn't really think teachers liked music... but Culture Club!?

Evelyne said...

I was scare when I came in the Physics class after the break last year... the teacher was listening to Fall Out Boy, Simple Plan, Green Day and sometimes Metallica or Nirvana... and when you go in his office he asks you what you want to listen! And sings too! Or he stops his explanagtions to sing! I never wanted to hear him sing! You just don't want to know what kind of music your teacher likes! The guy also came to our prom... and danced! God, he was bad (he also got drunk, but that's an other story)!

And it seems that you can come from where you want and a school dance we look the same!

Allison said...

"They should ban James Blunt from dances." That made me laugh, I tend to agree...its just the overplay tho. First time through his songs are all fine

Allison said...

"They should ban James Blunt from dances." That made me laugh, I tend to agree...its just the overplay tho. First time through his songs are all fine

GeeGee said...

hey becky
p and b are kinda wierd eh??? i agree about the whole mood swinging sam!!!

PETA2.com