Saturday, June 10, 2006

The fugitive: Becky edition

Ok, so I wasn't a fugitive. I just went to my sisters' house to cool off after my mom and I got in a fight yesterday evening. My parents knew where I was, so it wasn't like they thought I was kidnapped or anything... but we're all good now.
Today, my sister, my mom and I walked downtown to the library/farmer's market there (the one in old Scona is MUCH better). I got a funny looking book called 'The Year Of Secret Assignments' (I finished 'Dispatches From The Edge on Tuesday), and Arcade Fire's Funeral CD. It's really good, but whenever I listen to 'Wake Up', I keep on expecting to hear George start talking! (he always plays it at the beginning of the second hour of 'The Strombo Show'.)
Thanks to everyone who cheered me up yesterday... sorry if I sounded a little foolish, it's always the little things put together that really get me down. But as Barbara B said, you just got to "put it to bed and make tomorrow a fresh start." Thanks Barbara, that really kind of snapped me out of the bad mood I was in. Having blogging buddies is always healthy, all the comments/e-mails I got yesterday made me feel better... just wanted to let you know how happy I am to have you guys to make me laugh :)
Hockey game tonight! GOG!!! I expect all my sisters (except the one who's in T.O. visiting her slightly crazed mother-in-law, of course), will come over to watch... that be six of us, plus our dog... maybe I can convince my mom to order in pizza! Ooer!
Anyway, this is getting pretty long, so I'd better go!
Talk to you later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

Sounds like you had a great day, glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope you enjoy the game tonight...and the 'Arcade Fire' cd...its on my top five list.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Glad today is better, sweetie! I know I count a lot on blog friends to rant and commiserate and cheer with me too. Go Oilers.

Becky said...

Thanks guys!
Go Oilers Go! Watching the game right now, the score's 1-0 for us, just the third period to go!
P.S. Arcade Fire does rock!!!
P.P.S. I promise to use less exclamation marks in the future. I don't yell all the time, in real life.

PETA2.com