Friday, June 09, 2006

A crappity, crap, crap day.

Warning: You've probably had crappier days than this, but please don't hurt me!
Yesterday I gave my book talk... a high 'A', which was good... but then the Oilers lost 5-0.
I had fun watching The Hour, where Barbara was, last night... but then I started to get thinking of all the fun I missed, and how, since they're getting a studio audience next year, I won't get the one-on-one experience I was so looking forward to.
Then, in L.A. class, our teacher let us play a game where everyone writes a sentence of the story (you know, the one that you played at camp when you were ten?), except then this girl that I know put some inappropriate stuff about me in of the boy's stories, and then he read it out to the class. I just played along, but it really upset me.
It was rainy here, which didn't help, and in French class we had another mean sub, who basically kept on telling us how stupid we were, and how we should know more French. NEWSFLASH! With the program at our school, no one's going to be speaking proper French anyday soon (although, the sub was there because my regular French teacher's wife had finally gone into labour, which was awesome)!
I guess when typed out, it doesn't sound that bad, but I felt like I wasn't me... it was like everyone else was ok, but I was kind of in a muffled world, not being able to be cheery.
Anyway... it's the weekend soon. I'm sure I'll cheer up (plus, I have 'Lazy Ramadi' to make me feel better... I swear, I have the whole thing memorized).
I'll just take a break from everything.
See ya!

6 comments:

hilary m. said...

Aww, I hate those nasty french subs. Although we can't afford any that actually speak french.

=)

Allison said...

Sometimes school just sucks. But it gets better...kinda sorta ;) I was thinking the same thing about The Hour too :(

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I haven't watched the Hour yet (I've got it taped) - there's going to be a live audience for each show next year? Hmmm. Well, you can tell that George LOVES the live audience, especially if you've been at a taping like you have, Becky. May not be such a bad thing.

Today was one day. Put it to bed and make tomorrow a fresh start.

Barbara said...

We would get one on one time with George don't you worry! We just have to say when. As for french this is all you need to know repeat after me: C'est pas ma fault la!

Evelyne said...

Subs teachers are not very fun, I remembered that our subs teachers in English thought that A) we knew absolutely nothing and we were stupids or B) we knew everything so he thought that he could teach us absolutely nothing (that means that he could not speaking English). And the answer wasn't A nor B... I hated subs teachers when I was in high school

And while watching The Hour, i was sad because it was the season finale... we'll have to wait until September to get back this awesome news show

Becky said...

Thanks guys!
I feel all fuzzy inside, and cheerier now! It's great having blogger buddies to make you feel better!
I also slept about 11 hours (VERY long for me), last night, so I feel all refreshed, etc.
I'm all good :)

PETA2.com