Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dispatches from the edge

Just got back from the farmers market/ Whyte Ave (or as some crazed people call it now, the copper mile). Got carrots, etc. from the market, and got Anderson Cooper's new book, 'Dispatches From The Edge' at Chapters.
So far I haven't had time to read much of it, but from what I have read, it's really good.
Just relaxing at home now... procrastinating, as usual, by avoiding writing my book report for next week.
Hmmm... what to do, what to do.
I guess I'll just renew library books online, and avoid the calls from some random couple that keep calling me on Skype.
My sister comes home from Alaska tomorrow for the summer, so I'll probably help my mom clean up the house for her arrival.
See ya later!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Did I mention today is Anderson Coopers Birthday?
It's nice of you to buy his book on his birthday.
I contributed to a fund in Andersons name for a suicide prevention organisation in the states. All the bloggers involved raised I think it was over 2000 dollars and Anderson will get a certificate saying this was done in his honour. You know his own Brother commited suicide. I am sure he talks about that in his book.

Becky said...

Yeah, it was quite sad... his brother jumped off his mother's balcony, while she was standing there, pleading with him not to. It's really sad.
It's really cool that you did that with other bloggers, I agree that it's for a really great cause.
I didn't know today was his birthday! That's kind of cosmic, as I didn't know...

Anonymous said...

hey becky-

long time no talk! i don't have ur email or ur skype, but can u send them to me? my email is "my first name"."my last name"@shaw.ca (just insert the details instead of the quoted bits- sry, i dont want to get random spam)

-ur bgrav friend who is living n austrlaia!!

Becky said...

So great to hear from you!!!
To everyone who's wondering, that's my old friend from my old school, who's currently in Australia (well, right now she's not, she's in Indonesia, but home base is Australia)!

PETA2.com