Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This whole thing is giving me a headache.

This is my mini rant on "The One" comment debate.
I have no problem with a debate, but stop assuming you know what's going on in my head! I'm letting you have your opinions, why won't everyone just let me have mine! I'm not going to convert. I was brought up to believe that people hurting each other, mentally or physically, for entertainment is wrong. I've always thought this, I'm not changing it now. If you're allowed to put down my friends over what they think, I should have every right to write back telling you mine. I'm not a snob or a bad friend or whatever you want to call me because of it.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Sorry about this one guys... I'm just frustrated that some won't let me have my opinion about the subject. First kids at school, now with some of the comments on Not Paid By The Hour. It just really upsets me.

Alana Elliott said...

Amen, Becky. Good for you for stating that. I can't believe how far some of these arguments have gone. You have your opinions, and you keep it that way. It's not a bad thing.

Becky said...

I agree with you that these arguments have gone really far, just on opinions about a tv show!
Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Some people will always try to sway others over to their mindset. That's the way they are.

You stick to your beliefs! They are yours and they are valid.

Allison said...

I'll third what Alana and Barbara said. Stick to your own road. The last few comments have been so 'zen like' its almost making it more frustrating, nobody can seem to have an opinion anymore without having a subheading!

Becky said...

It's crazy! The comments on that piece are the most vicious our blog has seen (although... most of the really angry ones are mine :P Oops!).
Anyway, thanks for letting me be me! (That wasn't supposed to sound that cheesy...)

PETA2.com